A fire caused significant damage to a shed at 7439 County Road 20 about seven miles northeast of Stewartville on Friday evening, Aug. 18. Stewartville's firefighters got the call at 7:05 p.m. that day, said Lt. Steve Denny of the Stewartville Fire Department. Sixteen firefighters responded in two fire engines, two tankers and a rescue truck. The firefighters who arrived on the scene saw a moderate amount of fire and a lot of smoke. "There was extensive damage," Denny said. "The fire got into the south wall and up into the rafters. We had it knocked down within 15 minutes, but there was smoldering insulation and burning rafters." Tom Wood, the owner of the shed, removed a drag pickup and a pickup and trailer from the building, then used a garden hose to knock down the fire before Stewartville's firefighters arrived, Denny said. Wood, who suffered a burn to his leg, was transported to St. Marys Hospital... For more on this story pick up your copy of the Aug. 29 Stewartville STAR.